Lawyers for Charities
At Carter Lemon Camerons, we are experienced in supporting charities and their Trustees. We understand that trustees are volunteers with increasingly heavy responsibilities, and we specialise in providing practical, expert advice in the creation of charities and their subsequent management, appointment of executive teams, and corporate governance issues. We can advise trustees in relation to managing risks as the charities grow, and we work with the Charity Commission to obtain orders and schemes to keep charities relevant and active for their beneficiaries as they pursue their objectives.
- Formation and registration of charities and other ‘not for profit’ organisations
- Governance and employment advice
- The amalgamation, reconstruction and dissolution of charities which have outlived their objects
- Mergers and incorporations
- Negotiating schemes and orders from the Charity Commission
- Advising on funding
- Advising trustees on responsibilities, on breaches of trustee duties, and acting within their powers
- Advising on property acquisition, development, letting, and disposals.